Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Gift of Autumn


Last night my sister Kathy brought me a present for my 65th birthday and my retirement from the Loft.....I just had to share it with all of you.  It is Heart to Hands wonderful Autumn quilt!  I have put it on my guest bed and as you can see it looks wonderful!!!!!  Kathy made it for the store sample for last year's block of the month and I never dreamed she would be able to part with it.....but I feel so lucky to be the recipient!  I LOVE it!!!!!

  
Today is my birthday and I am enjoying all the emails, calls, posts on facebook.....Last night I celebrated with 5 of my friends and tomorrow night Gene and I will go to a play and dinner with my twin brother and his wife. Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes!

I hope this is a good day for you too.....Jo Ann

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday from France ;-) The quilt is awesome... what a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JoAnn!! Wow! What a wonderful gift from the heart!! Aren't sisters wonderful! Enjoy your evening with hubby and your twin! Isn't it great to be able to celebrate every birthday with your brother...much more special! (I have a twin brother too:o)
    Have a good one!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift! Happy birthday JoAnn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are having a wonderful birthday! And that quilt is spectacular! What a nice sister you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jo Ann,

    What a lovely gift to receive from your lovely sister Kathy, I met her and I'm sure you share a lot of the same genes.

    Enjoy your birthday with your brother and significant others tomorrow. Kick up your heels and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! Oh man I'm drooling with envy over that wonderful quilt!!!! lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday....and what a wonderful gift!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday and wishing you many more. What a magnificent gift, she knew you would love it lots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, I love the quilt.
    Some one must truly care for you.
    What a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated birthday, such a wonderful quilt gift. Enjoy it, its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday. I just celebrated mine as well.Lovely quilt! Hi to your sister, kathy..sure do miss visiting Country Loft.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the pics of your house..and the stocking ornament for the bloghop!!! i seem to be having trouble downloading...doesn't go to a pdf...thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete