Sunday, October 3, 2010

A bit more fall

Hey everyone....A few weeks ago I showed some of my fall decorations and I decided to show you some more.....This runner if from a pattern by Cheri Payne, made by my friend Donna....and the mat is one from a pattern by Cheryl Wall for her company, Country Quilts....

I love carved folk art....Here are some of the pieces I have collected over the years...

This jack-o-lantern bag is one we made in my monthly Brown Bag classes...(you come to class once a month and have no idea what you will make...all you know if that it will be in a brown bag)


......and a crate full of pumpkins....my sister Kathy made the mat...



....and she also made the bird from Renee Plains book .... This little display is on my kitchen counter.....I actually did leave enough room to still use it when forced to cook....:)


I hope you enjoyed the little Fall tour....in Southern California the fall colors in our homes are much more abundant than the ones outside....:)

This last few weeks have been hard ones for our family. Our daughter Megan found 5 years ago that she had eye cancer. After lots of treatment and losing her eye, it looked like she was out of the woods.....but now the cancer has returned. They are doing tests and she will be starting to fight it soon (we are not sure what that will entail) . She lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband and a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter.....I will be going up there to help out and staying as long as they need me....So, you may not be hearing from me very often......I ask that all of you keep her in your prayers. Take care.....Jo Ann




16 comments:

  1. Jo Ann,
    Your fall decorations are just beautiful. So sorry to hear about your daughter, will keep her in my prayers.

    marie in oregon (dallas)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my thoughts and prayers are with your daughter! Take care of her and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers - I was sooooo sorry to hear the news from Kathy yesterday when I called the shop. Sending you wishes of love and miracles! xoxx, R

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter and family. We don't know why these things happen, but I pray that there will be a way to help her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry JoAnn. They have excellent doctors and hospitals in Portland so I do hope she gets the best. I go to Portland frequently, maybe you can tuck my email away and use it for a rainy day when you need an ear or a shoulder.
    Love your decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone....It was so good of you to write....I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers...Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoAnn:
    You and your family will be in my prayers. Have safe travels...............please know that your daughter and her family will be in our prayers too. We're all with you................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, t's and p's for your DD and family. Safe travels to you.

    As a side note, love your decorations - I'm in So. Cal. too, and know what you mean about decorating inside!

    And just got your book the other day - love it!

    Janet
    jfquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo Ann, My thoughts are with Megan and everyone in your family

    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello JAM,
    J'adore cette décoration d'automne.Merci pour les yeux .A bientôt Véronique

    ReplyDelete
  11. JoAnn I am keeping Megan and all of you in my prayers! Your decorations look great, so homey and warm just like you...see you soon with my first finished wool crazy quilt. Thanks to you for being the awesome teacher that you are!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We'll definitely keep your daughter and her family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear the sad news. I will pray for a complete recovery this time.

    Love your decorations!

    Another southern CA follower,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. JoAnn, Your a wonderful person and I am sure your Megan is just as special.I am keeping Megan,Kathy and you in my prayers. Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joan, sorry to hear about this. I think I may have met your daughter about 4 years ago via scrap booking here in Portland. I will send some prayers up for her to beat this and am thankful that you will be able to be here for her.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care of her
    My thoughts are with you

    mis mejores deseos
    M.

    ReplyDelete