Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back in Portland

I am back in Portland again. Actually I came back on the 31st of January, but I spent the first 3 days wallowing in a cold! I wasn't much use to anyone....although Nick came home sick from school that first day and he had to put up with me! I finally felt like a human being by Thursday...and just in time, because Megan had planned a girl's weekend at the Oregon Coast!

Before I tell you about that, I wanted to share block #2 of the Folk Branches bom at The Country Loft.....remember that it is a mystery and won't be put together until the end. I now have the first 7 done, but you will have to wait to see them! Of course this is Heart Branch...right in time for Valentine's Day.


....and now onto the coast. I love the Oregon Coast. It is so different than the beaches in Southern California! We were lucky to be staying in Megan's friend's family home just steps from the famous Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach. My sister Marlene is walking down the stairs to it. We had overcast, but calm weather during our stay and were able to trek up the beach both days.


Megan planned this trip, because her friend, Val came to visit from Iowa....This is a photo of Megan (on the right), Val (middle) and my niece Margaret. They have all been friends for years.
... and here we are our first night in the beach house. Gene had sent us all a gift for the weekend (head scratchers) and Margaret is showing hers off....It was such fun to spend some time away and just visit, eat, drink and be merry.

Can you see that Megan's hair is starting to grow back. The clinical trial drug that she is on now does not kill hair cells, so she is sporting a fuzzy head. So far it is dark, but she said she is just glad to get some back ! Sophie might like her Mom having her hair color!




Going on this journey with Megan has taught us all to enjoy each and every moment (maybe not the ones suffering with a cold).....but all the special little things of life.

Thanks everyone for all your messages and prayers. We all so appreciate them....

Hope you are having a great day and I send you all a special wish for a special Valentine's Day with those you love......Jo Ann

6 comments:

  1. Hi JoAnn we all miss you and Kathy is holding down the fort. Megan is such a special person and you can see her great spirit in the pictures.Continued Prayers for Megan and you all.Hugs Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great getaway.Gotta remember to enjoy the moments- big and small. (((((((((((hugs))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heart branch block!!
    How wonderful to this time away with friends and family...just the girls always so much fun and healing for the soul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos of Cannon Beach are so great to see for me from France! I love Oregon and Portland (my friends live in Lake Oswego).
    I wish Megan a full recovery soon. Seeing you all smiling on the last photo is great. And you are right: we must enjoy every single moment in our lives with family and friends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo Ann,

    Great pictures. I have never seen pic's of your sister. Was at the loft today. Had good time. Hope things are going good for the remodel at home. All my love Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these photos. You all look so great! And I love the Oregon coast.

    ReplyDelete